Use the following steps to migrate RIPS2 to RIPS3 on your local server with the help of the RIPS installer.
Before starting the migration please make sure that all hardware and software requirements are fulfilled.
Create an installation directory with secure permissions.
Download the installer rips3.py from https://files.ripstech.com/installer/rips3.py and make it executable.
To perform the migration simply run rips3.py rips:migrate --old-installer /opt/rips --last-scan --api-url installation, for example --api-url. In case that your RIPS2 installer is not located at /opt/rips change the path accordingly with the --old-installer parameter.Use the same parameters as for the
Exporting and importing a large amount of scans may take several hours, thus we highly recommend to only migrate the last scan of every application with the --last-scan parameter. Make sure that you have at least 10 GB of free hard disk space
- Delete your browser cache after the migration, it might contain outdated RIPS settings
- Use your e-mail address to log-in, it is not possible to use the username anymore
- The libraries, integrations, and rips-cli use new variable names for authentication
- The migration copies compatible data to the RIPS3 installation; this excludes ignored locations of analysis profiles as they are not compatible and thus have to be migrated manually
- Additionally, source code files are not copied automatically to the new installation
- The same restrictions apply here that also apply to the installation: port 80 and 8080 have to be free or changed and the data directory can not exist
- If you run into a problem and want to rerun the migration you have to delete your data directory first (by default /var/rips3)
The migration does not delete any data. RIPS2 is stopped but not removed. If you experience any problems you can stop RIPS3 (./rips3.py rips:stop) and start RIPS2 again (./rips.py --up).
All integrations via plugins, CLI tool or API connector bundle have to be upgraded to their latest version to work with the latest RIPS 3.0. Please refer to each individual section.
In the following video you can see how to migrate RIPS and how to switch back and forth between RIPS2 and RIPS3.
Demo: Migrating RIPS and switching between RIPS2 and RIPS3.